How do I?

How can I report fraud, waste or abuse of public funds?

Click here to download instructions on how to report theft, fraud, waste or abuse of public funds.

How do I obtain a 911 address?

911 addresses are assigned through the E911 office.  It is helpful to know your nearest street's name and your nearest neighbors.

Where do I file a land deed?

Land deeds are filed in the Recording Department of the Clerk of Court.

How do I obtain a passport?

Visit for detailed information regarding applying for a passport and international travel. Where you apply for a passport depends on when you need your U.S. passport. Go to the Where to Apply page at to determine where you apply based on when the passport is needed.

How do I obtain a marriage license?

The Clerk of Court's office issues marriage licenses. 

How do I vote absentee?

You can request a ballot up to 45 days in advance through the mail, or you can visit the Registrar of Voters' office.

How do I register to vote?

The minimum voting age is 18.  You must register at least 30 days prior to any election to be entitled to vote in that election.  In order to register, visit the Registrar of Voters' office.  It is helpful to know your 911 address and social security number.


How do I file for homestead exemption?

Visit the Assessor's office between January 2 and April 1.

Where do I vote?

Call the Registrar of Voters office at 318-263-7407.